Wednesday, January 7th, 2009

When I first heard about this Nike+ business I didn't like it - but only because it seemed to good to be true. So when Santa Claus brought me one for Christmas I was skeptical. My first problem was that I didn't have Nike shoes. Well that's it I thought, worthless piece of plastic. But then I dug through my nursing supply bag and found some medical tape. I slid my nike+ sensor under my shoelaces and put a big ol' piece of medical tape over the top. I was sure I would be searching through snow drifts soon into my run to find the worthless piece of plastic. But then something magical happened. That soft soothing voice that kept whispering... okay more like interrupting... in my ear how far I had gone. Alright, so it was good that time. But then the next time I had the soothing male voice coaching me along... 3km to go... 1km to go... 400m, 300m, 200m, 100m.... hooray!

And then, the most magical thing happened... Lance Armstrong spoke to me.

The next night it was Joan Benoit Samuelson.... not really sure who that is... but still.

And tonight, when I really DID NOT want to go running... I did just to hear who would talk to me next.

It was Joan again.

I never thought that the stupid piece of plastic medical taped to my shoe would motivate me what-so-ever... but I am not ashamed to admit that it has. Thank you little piece of plastic, perhaps your are not so useless afterall.

And also thank you to the manufactures of medical tape for making it so darn water resistant.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home